Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To D.C or Not D.C.?

The drama in our house over the last month has been focused on the annual middle school trip to Washington D.C. Elisse REALLY wants to go. I understand, the trip itself sounds awesome! All the sights in D.C. and a side trip to PA to see the Liberty Bell and the such. ALL her friends are going. How much fun would it be to fly across the country and see all the historical sites, in such a historical year, with your friends? When you're 13? All for the low, low price of $1500...ahhh...that is a lot. I think, maybe, if we take a mini vacation instead of a faraway one (aka drive around Colorado, which is a pretty sweet place) we can afford to send her. Now I just have to figure out how not to be a nervous wreck the last week of October when I put my baby on a plane without me and send her on her way...

4 comments:

carebear7951 said...

Oh Chrissy...that's a hard one! I totally feel for Ellise (sp?) but I couldn't do it...as a mom. Good luck and keep us posted on the goings on!

Unknown said...

I went on a school trip to DC when I was in 6th grade. It was sooo much fun and I'm really happy I went. Given I live mere hours from there and not across the country, but it was still a great experience.

Kristen said...

I think it will be a great experience for her. I can imagine how hard it is for you the mother -poor Josh doesnt leave my side and I dont see that changing ever ;) I went to Paris when I was in high school ( a little bit older than Elisse ) on a school trip and it was so amazing...to this day I still remember all the history we saw!!

Amanda said...

That's a tough one! for me as hard as it would be, i would let my DD go, as I know just how much the kids get out of these trips, but then things are so much different here in Australia. I guess as a mum you need to look at supervision and the teacher/child ratio. A tough one that I am glad I don't have to make at the moment, but please keep us posted!