Nothing brings on a panic more than the realization that it's awfully quiet around here. Silence can only mean one of 5 things when there's a 2 year old around...
1) Someone is hiding...pooping
2) Someone is coloring on something other than paper
3) Something is being destroyed...just quiet enough so Mom doesn't catch the guilty party
4) Digging all the bright pink lip gloss out of the container and smearing it all over your face is a silent activity...it gets much louder when your big sister finds out :)
5) Someone is no longer in the house...must install higher lock to prevent future escapes!