Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Look Mom...I blogged!

Okay, here I am jumping on the bandwagon...now I have to think of something quirky to write about. Who would have thought that the voice in my head could actually do something productive (if this counts for productivity), if only I could figure out how to add the constant soundtrack I have going...

I know what to write about! In case you don't know, I am a Mom to three kids (hence my title), a daughter Elisse who is 11(hence the Insanity part), and two sons, Elijah 7 and Eliott almost 1. Yup there's a big age gap, but that will be blogged about another day. I have been married to John for 8 and a half years, he's my high school sweetheart and also my best friend ever, and I remind myself of that on the days I want to kill him. Anyway we like to play games while riding in the car, my kids aren't the kind to sit back quietly and watch dvds, and some of these games (most of which we just make up) are very entertaining. On of our favorites is called "Opposites". Okay I lied, it doesn't really have a name but from now on we will call it "Opposites". Anyway the way you play is someone says something and the next person has to say what is the complete opposite of it is. Seems easy enough, right? Go ahead, try it next car ride let me know what happens. We are still arguing that the opposite of pancakes is not waffles! Not even close! Burger King is not the opposite of McDonalds either...
So another game we play is "What Are We Rich With?" We all know it's not money so we took turns trying to figure out what we have an abundance of, after all the wisecracks answers (whiny kids, poopy diapers, stress, annoying parents, cats, clutter, you get the point) we came to the conclusion that our family is very rich in laughter. We laugh a lot. All the time, and I love it!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

The opposite of pancakes....hmmmm....that's a good one!

Jules said...

Those games sound great! I'll have to try them out!

carebear7951 said...

I think the opposite of pancakes is french fries! ;) LOL I'm glad to have your blog to read too!!!

Kristen said...

Those games sound really fun. We would travel a lot to the cape and my mom would make us count the number of red cars - blah. We would always end up fighting ...ahhh brothers. Nice blog!