Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Thoughts...

Voting- So I hang my head in shame and admit I have never voted before, this is my very first time and I want to do it right. Some of the choices are easy, I already have my president picked out, but who knew there were so many other things I get to have a say in too! I have my handy 123 page Colorado State Ballot guide to study...they really should do a Cliff Notes version for those of us who have a 4 big words per paragraph limit...I'm doing my best to decipher what these things are REALLY saying. It is making me head hurt...

Flies- Now that the weather is cooling down the local flies seem to have figured out the Chase house is a pretty nifty place to chill. Not cool. It probably doesn't help that we have a toddler that sometimes (most of the time) forgets to shut the screen door behind him. What exactly is the point of a fly anyway? Besides annoying the crap out of me that is...Do they serve a purpose? I have also discovered I kinda suck at fly swatting. Is there an art to it? Sneak up, small swat? Full swat from 3 feet away? I've tried it all, still takes me a good 3 tries before I kill one.

Star Wars- Eliott is obsessed. He can't talk much but can make a very impressive Darth Vader breathing noise and immitates R2D2 so well I can't help but laugh. He will also walk up and shoot you with his blaster and makes the sound of the lightsaber when he swings it. Guys. That's what he call his star wars toys, guys. Which is better than what we thought he was saying, "dies". They sound alike, guys is much more pleasant to hear come out of the mouth of a 20 month old. There are guys everywhere in my house. Guys hurt to step on. I need to go save his guys from the backyard before all the leaves fall and bury them.

3 comments:

carebear7951 said...

So glad to see you posting occasionally! Love it! I wish I could hear Elliot's R2D2! That has gotta be impressive! I think you should make him R2D2 for Halloween! ;) As for the voting...I must confess I vote a straight ticket usually **blushing** even though I would prob'ly cross party lines if I did more research into it.

Kristen said...

ooh i saw a cool r2d2 costume somewhere...i cant remember where though. I would love to hear it too - he he. I just vote for the president and forget the rest. I figure if i cant make an informed decision than I shouldnt vote on the questions. I wish I had more time to be informed ;) Speaking of which I am watching the debate right now *rolls eyes*

Tamara said...

Chrissy: glad to see you blogging again...Blake too loves star wars wanted to be R2D2 but all I could find was baby costumes so he settled for Darth Vadar...kinda an opposite than the R2D2......boys huh