Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wonder Woman

I totally feel like Wonder Woman lately, not in a good I can fight anything way either...it's like in the episodes where she was being attacked and used her bracelets to block projectiles flying at her. I feel like I am dodging and weaving my way through life, people keep trying to knock me down and shoot me up and I just keep having to defend my life. Enough already people! I'm taking off the gear and going into hiding. Well that's what I want to do anyway, I lay in bed at night thinking happy thoughts of hopping on a plane to just about anywhere. The kids can come too, they've been awesome lately. And John, wouldn't be fun without John.



So through all the yucky stuff I'm dealing with I really should find some optimistic moment to blog about, I'll do my favorite moment. It's a compliment I recieved a few months ago, and I guess it took until now to sink in that it really was true. Both Elisse and Elijah were off for summer break so I took them along on a playdate with Eliott's friends and their moms. The kids were on their best behavior, playing with all the little kids, having fun. A mom noticed and complimented me on what great kids I have, even wanted to know how I raised them to be that way. I thanked her for the compliment but in the back of my mind was all the doubt I have about my parenting, my fears of screwing them up, the fact she didn't see the fighting between the two in the car on the way up there...I guess it took until now and dealing with the ramifications of other peoples wayward parenting skills to accept the fact that, yes, I do have really great kids. And I'm doing okay at this parenting thing :)

3 comments:

Colleen said...

You're doing great at this parenting thing! Don't you love compliments like that? Way to go mom!

Kristen said...

Chrissy - you are an awesome mom! Dont ever forget that! I am sorry for all the troubles you are having with your family. I too have been there if you ever want to talk! I know that feeling of picking up and running. In fact Joey and I still talk about it a lot but we cant bear to leave Juliana. Ahh but it is so nice to dream about moving somewhere just the three of us!

carebear7951 said...

Awesome compliment! Remember when the best compliment would've been something about your new hair or your clothes?? Now, it's your kids! LOL I love it!